Friday, September 26, 2008

this little thing called life....

Sometimes it just sneaks up on ya, know what I mean? Today I had an ah-ha moment. Sean and I were talking about death (i know morbid right?) a few days ago. It always saddens me to think about it, so I don't! But a woman in the scrap world was killed on her way to work by a red light running teenager, and it actually made me cry. Why? Not sure. Mostly I think it was because she had 2 kids, the same age as mine and that hit close to home. So Sean was at work while we were talking and he sent me this text:

"I was gonna say life your life the way you want to. When your tiem is up have no regrets. Love those closest to you. This life is just a a test, remember that. There is much much more once this life is over. Also, I will be with you through all eternity. And that was a choice that we made together."

Ok so I got that and I was speechless (ok technically I was text-less, but you get it) So that's what I've decided. I can't keep going through life and saying oh man I am so sorry I did that. Duh Jenn, wake up! Stop doing things that you know you aren't going to be happy about! Uh hello?! So there ya have it. My new life motto is to live with no regrets. I also decided that I should take my church beliefs a bit further. I've never been a great Mormon, no not because I'm a horrible sinner, but because I've never really paid attention to my feelings and never really voiced how I felt about our church.

Sean and I have never really talked much about that either. But after his text I couldn't not talk to him about our eternal marriage. I can not express enough how grateful I am for the church. For the decision that we made to get married in the temple. I still feel like I was totally undeserving of such an amazing honor. Can you believe that it's been almost 5 years since that wonderful day? Ya me either!

I truly am a blessed woman....eek when did I become one of those? lol! I still don't let people call me ma'am cuz I am so not that kinda woman. I still consider myself a young woman though! ;) I have a fantastic husband, great kids, and a family that supports me no matter what. There is no aspect in my life right now that I don't love. Even the bad stuff is a gift for me because it will help me become a better person. I.E. Sean goin overseas without us for an insanely long time. Yeah thats not gonna be fun, but I think that it will make our relationship that much stronger.

Alright this is way way way too much seriousness for me! So I'm gonna go play with the rugrats now! Have a great weekend! I may update with my 4th digi scrap page that I made, it's super cute!

xo
jenn

1 comments:

Brandi said...

Ahhh, what a sweet hubby you have!! And what a great idea! I should totally do the same thing. I don't take advantage of the blessings I have and I should stop that! Boy, you're having a good influence on me!! :P

Oh, and we totally need to figure out something for this Twilight movie situation!! Only 47 days to go!! :D