Friday, June 13, 2008

UGH.....

I went in for my pre-op testing. I didn't expect this to happen. I was told I have to stop breastfeeding Sophie. After about 30 mins chatting with the La Leche chick and crying and crying, I decided it'd be ok. I'd be alright. I wanted to make it to 9 months but made it to 7. I suposse I could have postponed the surgery but I'd rather give up the nursing than the surgery date. So it sucks but I'll survive. I am super excited. I've been reading posts, blogs and tons of stuff from lapband talk, I've been enjoying what I'm reading. There are some people that are REALLY inspiring! I can't wait to start my journey. I think I am most excited to play with the kids and not have to worry about people judging me and my "jello" body. I know that alot of people look at me totally normal, but I feel like they are undressing me with their eyes and going EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I was pretty embarassed to tell anyone about the surgery because I thought that people would judge me, and yes some have. Alot of people tell me I am taking the easy way out and to those people I say bite me! Its not easy at all. All that Lapband is, is a tool for helping me to drop weight. I have to totally adjust my eating habits, what I eat, and my exercise. It's not going to be easy at all. So please if you have something negative to say keep it to yourself. Remember if you don't have somethin nice to say don't say nuthin at all! So I am counting down until monday. then i'll be counting down until Sean gets home and goes HOLY mother! lol! I can't wait to see the look on his face! I'm super excited! Have I said that already??! I'll update when I get home and let ya'll know how it goes!

xo
jenn

5 comments:

jenney said...

I'm sorry, Jenn! Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Sending you hugs Jenn! You'll be in my thoughts on Monday! I'm really excited for you and I hope that afterwards you are more comfortable with your self image.

I've never breastfed any of my kids, so I'm sure you experiencing a lot of anxiety on having to wean Sophie off early. I wish you the best of luck on that transition as well!

Amooretto said...

Good luck with the surgery! I say go for it...it's your body and it'll make you happy! I myself am looking forward to the day I can get my boobs back to where they were before kids!! Oh..might as well get the "mommy package" too!! Stretchy skin is not in!! HAHA

Sorry to hear about the breastfeeding too. It's sad, but she won't know 20 years from now. It's good you lasted till 7 months. I'm wondering if my "dairy farm" is closing and it's only been 4 months (sniffles).

Rest up, recover fast and tell us all about it when you get the chance!

mustangkayla said...

Hugs Jenn! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

hi jenn,
i'm in the same boat right now i have a 5 1/2 month old and will have to stop breastfeeding if i get the surgery approved its such a hard call,but we will be healthier in the end for our children hang in there!!!
tucson mom
azairforcewife